A really simple recipe, essentially all in one bowl, mix and bake. Try to mix up your usual brownies for this vegan alternative and I promise you wont be disappointed!
Gooey, fudgy and rich brownies with added tahini to give a delicate sesame twist which really compliments the chocolate here. The tahini can be replaced with coconut oil if you prefer to leave out but it really adds a new depth of flavour. This recipe has chocolate chips but add any nuts or dried fruits if you want.
1/3 cup / 75ml coconut oil
¼ cup / 75ml tahini
¾ cup / 200ml almond milk
¾ cup / 100g brown sugar
1 cup / 175g caster sugar
1/3 cup / 40g cocoa powder
1 cups / 175g plain flour (or gluten free)
1tsp baking powder
½ tsp of salt
1 cup / 100g vegan dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan. Line a 20x20cm baking tin with baking paper.
2. Sift the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarb and salt in a large bowl and mix together.
3. Melt the coconut oil and tahini in a microwave or pan over a low heat. Add to the bowl along with the almond milk. Whisk until you have a smooth, thick paste.
4. Add the chocolate chips and any nuts if using and fold through.
5. Spoon the mix into the baking tin and use the back of a spoon to spread into the corners.
6. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until just set. It will firm up a lot when cooling.
7. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before drizzling over the tahini. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds before slicing and serving.