These vegan cookies are moist, chewy with a crispy outer edge and rich with melted dark chocolate. The olive oil paired with the sea salt gives a more mature flavour making these biscuits perfect for anyone.
Vegan | Makes 14 cookies
110g / ½ cup light olive oil
75g almond milk
135g / 2/3 cup light brown sugar
75g / 1/3 cup caster sugar
280g / 2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp bicarb soda
120g / 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1. Whisk together the oil, water, sugars and vanilla until completely smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips
3. Leave in the fridge overnight to set or for up to 2 days.
4. Shape the chilled mixture into balls, weighing around 50g, and arrange onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. At this point you can freeze the balls.
5. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan. Bake the chilled cookie balls for 9 mins. Slide the baking paper off the hot tray and leave to cool on a wire rack for 2 minutes to set. Sprinkle over the sea salt flakes and serve or store in an airtight container.