22cm cake tin, greased and lined with baking paper.
1 green apple, peeled and cored, diced into 2cm
200g rhubarb, sliced into 2cm
1 tbsp plain flour
225g / 1 ½ cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ bicarb soda
175g/ 2/3 cup soft brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
150g vegan butter, melted (nuttelex)
75ml / 1/3 cup oat milk or other plant based variety
2 tbsp vegan butter, cold (nuttelex)
60g / ½ cup plain flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan.
2. Slice the apples and rhubarb and toss in bowl with the 1tbsp plain flour.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the crumble topping ingredients rubbing the flour into the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Set aside.
4. Add the apple cider vinegar to the oat milk in a small bowl and set aside to curdle.
5. Mix the plain flour, baking powder, bicarb and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add the spices and salt and mix together.
6. Add the curdled oat milk and butter to the bowl of flour. Mix together until you have a smooth batter. Pour into the cake tin lined with baking paper. Scatter the fruit on top, then scatter over the crumble mix.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes until cooked through and golden on top.