This recipe was creating in collaboration with Harris Farm Markets, more recipes can be found on their website.
I love this recipe for a showstopping dessert that is so simple to make. Simply blend the ingredients and leave it to set. The colour is so beautiful and the flavours are so fresh and summery.
For the Base:
200g pitted medjool dates
1 ½ cups / 120g rolled oats
2 tbsp coconut oil
For the Filling:
3 cups / 450g cashews soaked overnight
400g strawberries, de-stemmed
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 lime, zest and juice
1 cup / 250ml coconut cream (thick part only)
1. Soak the cashews for 3-4 hours or overnight. You can also quick soak them in boiling water for 15 minutes until softened.
2. Line a 20cm cake tin with a disc of baking paper in the base.
3. Place the oats in a food processor and pulse to a fine flour. Add the dates and coconut oil and blend to a smooth sticky paste. Spoon into the prepared cake tin and press down into the base with the back of a spoon.
4. Place the strawberries, maple syrup, coconut oil and lime in a food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Drain the cashews and add to the processor with the coconut cream, blending everything until you have a smooth cream.
6. Spoon the mix into the cake tin and smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
7. Leave to set in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight. Or place in the freezer for 1-2 hours if you’re in a rush.