Oyster mushrooms are the star here, roasted until caramelised and crispy. This makes a delicious starter or sharing plate to impress any dinner party, or serve on a creamy dip, homous or butterbean mash to bulk it up as a main dish.
Makes 8 skewers
250g oyster mushrooms
2 tbsp miso
50g butter, melted
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp mint, finley chopped
2 tbsp basil, finely chopped
1 lime, zest and juice
1 tbsp sesame oil
Yoghurt, to serve
Chilli oil, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C fan. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Whisk the sauce ingredients in a large bowl until smooth. Gently tear the mushrooms apart into small pieces of a similar size and add to the sauce. Toss to coat evenly.
3. Divide the mushrooms between 8 skewers and arrange on the baking tray.
4. Roast for 15 mins then flip over, baste with the butter sauce in the tray and roast other side for 15 mins until crispy and caramelised.
5. While they are roasting, mix the chopped herbs, sesame oil and lime juice.
6. Spoon the salsa over the skewers and serve with chilli oil and a creamy dip if you want.