This salad is so simple to make and is packed with vibrant Mediterranean flavours. The eggplants and tomatoes are roasted until soft and caramelised and finished with a roast garlic, green olive salsa and toasted pine nuts.
250g cherry vine tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
1 bunch of parsley, leaves roughly chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup of green olives, roughly chopped
2 tbsp pine nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 190C fan. Slice the eggplant in half and into thick crescents.
2. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and arrange the eggplant and cherry vine tomatoes. Place the whole garlic cloves on the tray with the skin still on. Drizzle everything with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes until the eggplants are tender and caramelised and the tomatoes are blistered and soft.
4. Transfer the veg to a plate and place the pine nuts on the tray. Roast in the oven for 2 minutes until lightly toasted.
5. Squeeze out the garlic cloves and chop down until fine. Place in a small bowl with the chopped parsley, lemon, olive oil and chopped green olives. Mix all together to form a chunky salsa and spoon all over the veg.
6. Top with the pine nuts to serve.