A nourishing noodle and vegetable broth base enriched with creamy miso and tamari. Packed with asian greens and tofu. The miso pumpkin adds another depth of creamy sweetness and umami.
1 onion, finely sliced
1 carrot, roughly chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
Knob of ginger, minced
2 tbsp miso paste
1 tsp chilli flakes
750l veg stock
300g brown rice noodles, or other ramen noodles
2 bunches of bok choy, or other Asian greens, roughly chopped
150g firm tofu, cut into cubes
1 tbsp tamari
½ tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 spring onion, finely sliced
¼ pumpkin, peeled and sliced into 4 wedges
1 tbsp white miso paste
1 tbsp maple syrup or brown sugar
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Heat the oven to 200C. Slice pumpkin into round wedges and arrange on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
2. Brush with miso paste and sprinkle over sesame seeds. Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until caramelised, tender and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, heat a deep saucepan with oil. Add the onion and carrot and cook for 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the miso and chilli flakes, then add the veg stock and simmer for 15 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
4. Add the noodles and simmer for another 5-7 minutes or until the noodles have cooked through – check packet instructions for noodle cooking time.
5. Finally, add the tofu and asian greens to gently wilt. Stir through the tamari and rice wine vinegar. Taste to season, adding more tamari or miso if needed.
5. Serve the noodles into bowls with ladles of the ramen . Top with spring onion, extra sesame seeds and the miso pumpkin wedges.