Prep 15 minutes | Cook 25 minutes | Serves 12
200g dark chocolate
165g unsalted butter
250g golden caster sugar
100g plain flour
30g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
100g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
100g walnuts, roughy chopped
1. Heat the oven to 200C/18C fan/gas mark 4.
2. In a heatproof bowl over a pan half filled with boiling water, melt the butter and dark chocolate together. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
3. Using an electric whisk, beat the eggs and sugar for 3-5 minutes until light, pale and fluffy.
4. Sift over the flour, salt and cocoa powder and fold to mix. Slowly stir through in the chocolate butter mixture. Finally, add the chocolate chips, nuts or whatever you want to include.
5. Pour the mix into a baking tray (20x25cm) lined with greaseproof paper.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until starting to crack on the surface but still slightly gooey on the inside.
6. Leave to firm up in the tin before slicing.