A delicious and filling salad for a nutritious quick meals. Roasting cauliflower in a simple yoghurt marinade with chermoula spices transforms a simple vegetable into something rich with spice and flavour. Paired with buckwheat kernels tossed in a tahini lemon dressing for nuttiness and sweet sultanas.
1 large cauliflower
200g coconut yoghurt
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp ground chilli
2 tsp ground turmeric
250g buckwheat kernels
200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 small bunch of parsley, mint and dill, any combination of these roughly chopped
1 red onion, finely diced
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1. Preheat the oven to 190C fan. Prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix the yoghurt with the spices and seasoning of salt and pepper. Break the cauliflower into florets and toss in the yoghurt marinade. Spread the cauliflower on the baking tray and roast for 25 minutes until cooked through and slightly charred.
3. While the cauliflower is roasting, cook the buckwheat kernels in a pan of salted boiling water for 15 minutes or until just cooked but still with a bite.
4. Mix the tahini with 2tbsp water until smooth. Add the lemon zest, juice and olive oil to make a dressing.
5. Drain and toss the buckwheat with the rest of the salad ingredients and tahini dressing. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
6. Top with the roasted cauliflower to serve.